Tuesday, February 10, 2009

February fun?

This month is always an interesting one for me. I have birthdays for my wife and mother, along with Valentine's Day all in a five-day stretch.

The annual worry of what to get my wife was on for awhile, but I took care of it early. She wanted a new kitchen sink (no kidding). Now me, with no concept of what to look for, got her to look with me one day, but I had to go out and do the rest. I picked one out and brought it home. (Full disclosure here: Her birthday isn't until Thursday, but it was a little hard to hide a sink, so she already knows so the surprise element is gone.)

She looked it over and seemed pleased. Now all I have to do is find somebody to install it for a somewhat reasonable price. I have a couple leads, but if anybody out there knows anybody who is handy with sink replacement, I'd appreciate a heads-up.

Of course, I will have to get a little more than a sink. What that will be, I'm not yet sure, but I will come up with something.

Then there's two days later and Valentine's Day. My wife will tell you (and I won't disagree) that I'm not the most emotional guy around. I am more practical in my thinking and that hasn't served me well on Valentine's Days past.

So, readers, I am open to suggestions. I have a few ideas, but I am always open to more.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

My mother's birthday has become easier. She winters in Florida, so sending card gets the job done. She would just like me to visit down there more often. Maybe someday that will happen.

For now.....it's back to work

No comments:

Post a Comment